GMAT® Test Preparation
Today, more and more students are either inclined towards management programs or want to go for business studies. If you are one such student and wish to get admission in a top business graduate school or college overseas, you must appear for GMAT®. Graduate Management Admission Test or GMAT® is a standardized adaptive test and it provides you the chance to study at one of the most prestigious colleges or universities of the world.
Salient Features of GMAT®:
- GMAT® primarily aims at testing your analytical, writing, quantitative and verbal abilities. GMAT® can bring a significant a turning point in your career, but it requires specialized coaching and dedicated effort.
- GMAT® is a Computer Adaptive Test. This means the answers of the candidates are administered by the computer and the computer decides the toughness or easiness of next question based upon the correctness or incorrectness of previous answers. Thus, the succeeding questions may be difficult or easy depending upon a candidate’s performance.
- GMAT® opens your prospects of choosing from any of the 6000 programs being conducted by universities across the globe.
GMAT® Exam Pattern
- You have the liberty to decide the order of the sections in the test. Your selection of sections can be any of the following:
- 1st-Analytical Writing Assessment, 2nd-Integrated Reasoning, 3rd-Quantitative, 4th-Verbal
- 1st-Verbal, 2nd-Quantitative, 3rd-Integrated Reasoning, 4th- Analytical Writing Assessment,
- 1st-Quantitative, 2nd- Verbal, 3rd-Integrated Reasoning, 4th-Analytical Writing Assessment
- In GMAT®, the total score of a student ranges from 200 points to 800 points. The more you score, the higher your chances of selection for admission.
- GMAT® comprises up to 20 experimental questions.
- Once answered a question, you cannot revert.
- You cannot skip a question or alter your answer in any case.
- You can see the total marks secured soon after completing the GMAT® exam.
|Section||No. of Questions||Questions Type||Allocated Time||Score Range|
|Analytical Writing Assessment||1||Analyze an Argument||30 mins||0 to 6|
|Integrated Reasoning||12||Table / Graphical Analysis, Multi-Source Reasoning, Two Part Analysis||30 mins||1 to 8|
|Quantitative||31||Problem Solving, Data Sufficiency||62 mins||0 to 60|
|Verbal||36||Critical Reasoning, Reading Comprehension, Sentence Correction||65 mins||0 to 60|
You can register for GMAT any time throughout the year depending on the availability of exam dates and exam centre.
The cost of the test is USD 250.
You can easily apply for the test on their official website. Here’s how:
- Create an account on their website. Select the option to register for the GMAT exam.
- Carefully fill in your personal details.
- Add in optional information.
- Review and verify your profile information.
- Now choose a test centre that suits you.
- Pick an examination date.
- Make your payment and check out.
Result & Score:
GMAT score and rankings are released within 20 days of the test date.
GMAT gives out a numerical score that can range from 200 to 800. While the average score is currently 556, you need to score above 650 for admission in a good MBA college abroad.