IELTS is the International English Language Testing System (IELTS™). This test is taken by students who wish to study abroad or take up a job or assignment in some overseas organization. Prime objective of IELTS is to test a candidate’s adeptness in English language. Evidently, English is the prevalent language of communication in most countries and so this test is so vital. In IELTS™, a candidate’s aptitude for English in tested on all four parameters – read, write, speak and listen.
At Aim Ladders, we provided dedicated course for those who are aspiring to clear IELTS Exam with an objective to study or work abroad. We have helped hundreds of students in securing good scores because of which we are recognized institute in North India.
IELTS Exam Patter
An IELTS™ candidate has to attempt all four sections reading, listening, writing and speaking, in this test. First three have computerized questions while the speaking test is live with an examiner.
|Section||Duration||Questions/Tasks||Type of Questions|
|Reading||60 mins||3 Passages (40 questions) 1 mark for each||Passages can be on social, political, scientific, etc topics.|
|Listening||40 mins||4 sections (10 questions) 1 mark for each||Conversations between customer care executive – customer, official discussion, etc.|
|Writing||60 mins||2 tasks (One Essay and One Letter)||Topic of the essay can be a viewpoint, argument, statistics based study, etc. Letter can be formal / informal type discussing a problem, a suggestion, etc.|
|Speaking||11-14 mins||Conversational||Liver conversation with an expert or interviewer, discussion on different personal views, hobbies, info, etc.|
The test is of two types – Academic and General Training. You can register for the test online on their website. The test is taken on 48 dates per year, thus candidates can pick a date of their choice. You need a valid passport as proof to register for the test.
In India, the IELTS Exam costs INR 14000 (till 31 March 2021).
IELTS Fee Update – IELTS test fees has been revised (both with IDP & British Council ) to INR 14,700 for registrations from 1st April, 2021 onwards.
The registration process is as follows.
- On the official website, click to book a test.
- From the drop-down menu, search for your preferred test location.
- Complete the registration form and pay the test fess online, or you can download the form and submit it at a local test centre.
- The test centre will then send you a confirmation with time and date.
If you’re registering through British Council or IDP, follow these steps.
- On their website, click to register for the test.
- Select from the choices of test, test type, and the test city.
- Select a convenient test date from the list.
- Fill all the details in the application form carefully.
- Upload a scanned copy of your passport.
- Review all details and make your payment.
IELT Result & Score:
IELTS score is declared 13 days after the test. The score can be check online, and you will receive the score card after a few days. The score is valid for two years.
Each section of the IELTS test paper receives a Band Score out of 9. These are then compiled into an overall score on a scale of 1 – 9.
9 = Expert user, complete understanding of the language
8 = Very good user, full operational command of the language
7 = Good user, good command of the language with occasional inaccuracies
6 & 5 = Competent and modest user, effective command of the language but with mistakes
4 & 3 = Very limited user
2 & 1 = Almost non-user
Why Join IELTS Coaching?
- IELTS™ makes a candidate eligible to study or work in UK, Australia, New Zealand and Canada.
- The test is taken for two different purposes and so it has two different formats – one for the general and other for the academic.
- Candidates desirous of migrating to any of the above countries for work take up the test in General format while those wishing to migrate for education take up the Academic format.
- An IELTS™ candidate has to attempt all four sections reading, listening, writing and speaking, in this test. First three have computerized questions while the speaking test is live with an examiner.
- IELTS™ is organized four to five times a month. There is no restriction on the number of times one wants to take up IELTS™.
- If a candidate clears IELTS™, his or her score remains valid only up to two years.
- IELTS™ score is calculated in bands from 0 to 9. Band increment is registered by 0.5 band.
Which module of IELTS should I choose?
IELTS has two modules Academic & General Academic Module is for: • Pursuing Higher studies at university/college. • Taking up fellow programs. • Joining a professional organization in an English – speaking country. • Practicing as doctors and nurses abroad. General Training module: • Obtaining a work permit • Engaging in any work-related training. • Immigration to an English-speaking country.
Is IELTS very difficult?
IELTS tests you for all the language skills that you may need later. The test is not more difficult than any other language proficiency tests.
How many times can I take the IELTS Test?
As many times as you wish to, there is no mandatory gap to reappear in the test.
What documents I need on the test day?
On entering, the invigilator asks you for original passport, Hall ticket. After confirming your identity; you are asked to leave your bag, mobile and other material at the front of the room. No papers are allowed inside except the documents required. You sit at your desk bearing your name and IELTS number.