The looming uncertainties about admissions to foreign universities due to the ongoing COVID-19 lockdown period have put the study abroad dreams of many students on hold. This has impacted the students who have already secured their university admits too. The exams have been postponed by ETS in many countries including India due to the health and safety concerns of students and staff from COVID-19 outbreak.
Meanwhile, there are many students who are currently preparing for the exams like IELTS, GRE, SAT, GMAT and TOEFL, and have already joined the coaching are also finding it really tough to plan and manage their schedule due to the suspension of coaching classes.
Prepare at home for study abroad
As of now, there are no chances and clarity by when this lockdown will end and classes will resume. Therefore, to help you to prepare for the study abroad exams in view of COVID-19 lockdown, we have come up with certain tips. These tips will surely help you to continue your studies at home in a smarter way. When it comes to preparing for such exams, most of us are used to classroom practice and finds it really tough to manage at home. Here are a few strategies that may help you to overcome this hurdle:
- Read news articles, story archives’ or any interesting article for about 30-40 minutes every day and try to reveal your understanding of it. While doing this activity, underline the new words, note down in your diary and memorize them. Try to use these words in your speaking. Read national geographic more if you are preparing for IELTS. Practice from books too. The reading sources recommended for articles are New Yorker, TOI, Huffington posts and more.
- For listening practices, go to the TED talks, Fluent videos, etc. Listen more to the native speakers for getting a grip on the English speaking speed and pronunciations. While listening to these videos, you may pause the audio clip in few seconds and try to recognize if you can understand it or not.
- For speaking practice, record 11-15 minutes timed response on your phone at any topic. Now listen to it to find out any mistakes. Ask your family or friends to listen to your recording and get feedback.
- Take a free practice test on the official website of ETS.
For more information on this part, one may consult the study abroad consultants. They know the different tests of language proficiency and help you to prepare for the exams which meet your admission requirements.
Taking The Tests At Home
The lockdown period is affecting everyone and utilizing your time in preparing for GRE, IELTS, TOEFL or other study exams can help you out to fulfill your dreams to study abroad. With the current lockdown, ETS has made it possible for students to take English general test online at home. This opportunity may not be available for long as the test-at-home sessions are limited.
While you are at home, you may be hit by the advice from family and friends, but unless you come in contact with the professionals or go for study abroad counseling, you cannot make a decision. Counselors will give you personalized advice.
Prepare for study abroad in COVID-19
Prepare for study abroad in COVID-19 lockdown with our trainers, who are the international certified trainers who had a good score in the exams like GMAT, GRE, IELTS, etc. In this lockdown period, get in touch with them to get expert advice and guidance on such exams.
Let’s have a look at some sections of the study abroad exams that will make maximum use of your practice:
- Keep reading
- Solve at least five to six passages every day for reading comprehension, sentence or text completion.
- Learn and memorize at least 20-30 words every day, mark the ones which are difficult and practice them more
- Practice on writing part too with timed writing
- Brainstorm two to three issues or the argument essays every alternate day
- Revise and go through the basic concepts and formulas
- Focus on the comparative questions
- Solve one set of papers every day
- Make sure to practice the data interpretation section too
- Practice manually using a pen and paper
How to prepare for Study in Abroad?
Aim Ladder is a leading study abroad consultant that will help you with test preparation and study abroad counseling. We have experienced faculty and helped students to crack the challenging tests for overseas admissions like GMAT, IELTS, SAT, GRE, and more. We provide dedicated courses to students who are aspiring to study abroad while helping them to choose their courses, country, and university. Live chat assistance is also available online during this lockdown period to help students aspiring to study abroad in all manners. Be it is test preparation, study material, expert guidance, or counseling, you may get in touch with us to achieve your dreams.